Can you imagine, Greece has 1,400 islands. Of those, 227 are inhabited and only 78 islands have more than 100 people living on them. No matter how you look at it, the selection of islands is huge, but I want to write about my top islands. Let’s go down the list from top to bottom)))
1. Santorini. In first place in the ranking I still have Santorini, because I’m a person who loves through the eyes. And Santorini has breathtaking views, sunsets over the caldera and other romance.
2. Mykonos. Although Mykonos is considered the trendy, expensive, partying and unconventional capital of the Mediterranean, for me Mykonos is primarily about the charming white-washed streets of Mykonos Town and the cafes of the Little Venice neighborhood. As a bonus, the best white sand beaches with a gentle entry to the sea.
3. Corfu. Already got my mind set on Corfu for a vacation with kids, and the more I explore it online, the more I like it. Mainly due to its Italian patina, because for a long time the island was controlled by the Venetians. And there’s also a place near the airport where planes land practically on your head)) Kids will appreciate it! Well, I’ll probably be the loudest screaming of delight for sure!
4. Paros. Oooh Paros! It is increasingly gaining momentum and more often flashed by foreign bloggers. 2 hours by high-speed ferry from Athens, and you are in the epicenter of beauty. The island already offers a large selection of chic inexpensive hotels (and expensive ones too)). The capital is Naoussa, similar to Mykonos, but the vacation here is much more budget.
5. Milos. This island immediately won my heart when I saw the beach Sarakiniko from one of the bloggers. This beach alone is already worthy of a place on my list, and one day I must (just have to) jump off those white rocks into the blue waters.
6. Zakynthos. Namely the bay of Navajo! See it with my own eyes both from the top of the mountain and from below on the beach)))
By the way, there are regular direct flights from Russia to Greece to Athens, Thessaloniki and Heraklion (Crete). Since this spring I see direct flights to Corfu and Rhodes. The other islands are easy to get to with a connection or a ferry from Athens (Mykonos, Milos, Paros, Naxos).
Google it, steal ideas, share your own))
Write your desired Greek island in the comments! Whoever writes that, will fly there))))